Effective since: 22 May 2018
This privacy statement explains the reason for the processing, the way UNION FLEURS AISBL collects, handles and ensures protection of all personal data provided, how that information is used and what rights you may exercise in relation to your data (e.g. the right to access, rectify, or block your personal data). UNION FLEURS AISBL is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. Why do we process your data?
UNION FLEURS AISBL will process any personal data it receives in the context of its professional relationship with any third party in full compliance with EU and Belgian applicable legislation, i.e. the Belgian Privacy Act (Act of 8 December on the protection in relation to the processing of personal data) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/79).
UNION FLEURS AISBL will only collect personal data which is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose for which the personal data have been collected.
UNION FLEURS AISBL will not keep personal data any longer as needed for achieving the purposes for which the personal data have been collected or obtained, except if its obliged to do so by law and/or professional rules of conduct.
2. Which data do we collect and process?
The personal data collected and further processed are:
• Name and surname;
• Organisation name and country ;
• Company address and invoice data;
• E-mail address and telephone number;
• Date of birth, nationality, and postal address.
As UNION FLEURS AISBL is the organiser of meetings taking place inside the EU institutions, UNION FLEURS AISBL may also process ID numbers, dates of expiry of ID and date of birth of participants for security purposes of these EU institutions.
3. How long do we keep your data?
UNION FLEURS AISBL only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing. Personal data are kept as long as follow-up actions to the meeting are necessary with regards to the purpose(s) of the processing of personal data as well as for the meeting and its related management.
If data subjects do not agree with this, they may contact the Data Controller(s) by using the contact information as mentioned at point 7 below.
4. How do we protect your data?
5. Who has access to your data and to whom is it disclosed?
a. In the context of meetings organized by UNION FLEURS AISBL, your data is accessible to:
• UNION FLEURS AISBL’s staff; President, Board Members, and Members
b. Staff in the EU institutions have access to your data to organize meetings in the EU’s premises. In the context of these meetings your personal data is accessible to:
• Correspondents of a third party who provide the names and personal data of the experts attending to the meeting representing their organisation. This information is needed for access control purpose by security guards to the Commission’s premises. This data will be also visible to the staff of the Service assigned to this specific meeting.
• Experts themselves while attending a meeting together with other experts representing the same invited organisation will be able to see each other’s name and surname.
• Correspondents and experts have access to the name and surname of the meeting assistant that had invited them to the meeting to allow confirmation of attendance.
• EU staff will have access only to the personal data of the correspondents and experts related to the meeting they have been assigned to manage.
• Technical EU staff or IT service providers will have access to the system data to solve eventual technical issues.
c. In case of litigation your data is accessible to:
• IDOC, OLAF, EDPS, Court of Auditors on a case-by-case base.
6. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
You are entitled to access your personal data and rectify and/or block it in case the data is inaccurate or incomplete. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can exercise your rights by contacting the data controller(s), and if necessary the European Data Protection Supervisor using the contact information given at point 7 below.
7. Contact information
If you have comments or questions, any concerns or a complaint regarding the collection and use of your personal data, please feel free to contact:
UNION FLEURS AISBL’s Data Controller at: