Advocacy & Representation
- As the representative organisation of the floricultural trade at the EU and international levels, Union Fleurs engages on a regular basis in various advocacy activities to make sure that the common interests of its members, and of the floricultural trade in general, are promoted and protected. One of the key focuses of Union Fleurs is to ensure the free flow of floricultural products from supplying countries to consumption markets. Another fundamental objective of Union Fleurs is to provide sound, fair and sustainable pre-competitive conditions for the worldwide floricultural trade.
- To achieve this, Union Fleurs keeps a close eye on regulatory developments in the field of international trade, phytosanitary policies and customs issues at EU and international levels that might have an impact on the floricultural trade and maintains an active dialogue with the EU authorities and other international regulatory bodies to give adequate visibility to the needs and specificities of the sector.
- Whenever the interests of the floricultural trade need to be further promoted, Union Fleurs coordinates advocacy & lobbying activities, in cooperation with its members and other representative organisations of the floricultural and agricultural sectors.
- Union Fleurs members are kept informed on a regular basis of news & regulatory developments in the area of trade policy and phytosanitary measures at EU and international levels that might have an impact on their activities.
- When necessary, Union Fleurs members are invited to submit inputs and comments on position papers being developed by the Union Fleurs office in the framework of advocacy & lobbying activities.
- Members are invited to share with the Union Fleurs office any relevant information about upcoming floricultural events or activities carried out in their country, so that the other Union Fleurs members can be kept informed of what is happening around the world.
Meetings and Networking
- Union Fleurs offers to its members an international networking platform. They can meet and exchange views & expertise with representatives of the other Union Fleurs member organizations on a regular basis.
- Union Fleurs members are invited to participate in two Union Fleurs meetings per year, one in Spring and one in the Autumn, usually hosted by one of the member organisations.
- During these meetings, the Board, secretariat and Committee Chairmen report to the members on the activities carried out by Union Fleurs in the course of the year – lobbying activities, information, ongoing issues, etc.
- Any issue of importance to the floricultural trade can be discussed among the members. They are invited to bring up any issue affecting the trade from or to their country, in order to identify priorities for action and guide the activities of Union Fleurs in the field of lobbying, promotion and sectoral representation.
- The meetings are also a great opportunity to network and meet relevant players from the major floricultural countries. Professional visits are usually organized to show the floricultural business in the country hosting the meeting.